First and foremost, we hope you and your family are doing well during this trying time. We truly appreciate your support.
Under the 'stay at home' order non-essential businesses can still operate as long as they do not permit more than 10 people int the shop while maintaining social distancing. We are not open for in person shopping and only one person at a time is in the shop packing orders. You can shop online anytime and have your order shipped, choose curbside pick-up or if you are in Charlottesville city or Albemarle county we can deliver your order to you. We are limiting our curb-side pick up hours to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12-3. We are still shipping orders most days and can plan to do local deliveries as needed. Deren has the shop phone with her most of the time so feel free to call and she will help you find what you need, 434-409-9095 . If you want to have an order shipped we are offering free shipping on all orders over $49.
We have tried to put most of our inventory online but there are definitely still some gaps. We are working on improving the website experience daily so expect to see new items. Here are the details on how to shop at EWE.
- If you want to video chat, you can call us using FaceTime, WhatsApp or ZOOM depending on the type of device you have.
- The shop will be open for curb-side pickup, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12-3. If you need to pick-up outside this window just email to let us know and we can arrange a time for you. Use the coupon code localpickup at checkout to void the shipping charges.
- If you live in Charlottesville City or Albemarle county we can deliver your order to your front door. Use the coupon code localdelivery at checkout to void the shipping charges.
- If you want help choosing yarn or fabric you can call the shop and we can help you find what you need for your project, 434-409-9095 . If you leave us a voice mail we will get back to you ASAP.
- If we are not answering the phone, you can also communicate about an order by email. Tell us a little about what you are looking for and if you send your phone number we can give you a call to discuss.
- We are working to get most of our inventory online but if you don't see what you are looking for just give us a call or email.
- We will send an email notification when your order is ready to be picked up or when you can expect delivery. If you are picking up, please pull up in front of the shop, give us a call and we will bring your order out to you.
- We are still offering PDF pattern printing for local pickup. We will email you when your order is ready. You can choose to pickup or have your pattern delivered (if you live in Charlottesville city or Albemarle County).
- We are washing our hands regularly and all surfaces in the shop that can be wiped down are getting regular hits with the sanitizing wipes.
- We have cancelled all classes, and our weekly Makers Circle until the 'stay at home' order is lifted.
- We plan to sew and knit through this stressful time and would love to see what you are working on while staying at home. We are hosting a Virtual Make Along and awarding prizes every Sunday through April. Post your projects @ewemakers. Here are the details.
We look forward to spending time making together in the near future.
Deren, Jessamy, Jacqui and Pam