First and foremost, we hope you and your family are doing well during this trying time. We are committed to doing our part to prevent the spread of of COVID-19 in our community so until further notice the shop is closed for in-person shopping. As a small business this is a difficult decision to make but we are determined to weather the crisis and be here when we can all be out and about again.
You can shop online anytime and then come pick up your order at the shop. We will be open for limited hours Tuesday - Sunday from 12 -3. During this time you can come by to pick up an order you have already make, call the shop for help putting an order together, or 'virtually shop by video call'. We are happy to help you pick the perfect yarn or fabric for your project.
If you want to have an order shipped we are offering free shipping on all orders over $49.
We have tried to put most of our inventory online but there are definitely still some gaps. We are working on improving the website experience daily so expect to see new items. Here are the details on how to shop at EWE.
- If you want to video chat, you can call us using FaceTime, WhatsApp or ZOOM depending on the type of device you have.
- The shop will be open for curb-side pickup, Tuesday - Sunday from 12-3. If you need to pick-up outside this window just email to let us know and we can arrange a time for you.
- If you want help choosing yarn or fabric you can call the shop and we can help you find what you need for your project, 434-409-9095 . If you leave us a voice mail we will get back to you ASAP.
- If we are not answering the phone, you can also communicate about an order by email. Tell us a little about what you are looking for and if you send your phone number we can give you a call to discuss.
- We are working to get most of our inventory online but if you don't see what you are looking for just give us a call or email.
- Local customers should use the code localpickup when they checkout to void the shipping charges. Even if your order qualifies for free shipping based on the amount, please add the code localpickup so we know that you will come pick your order up.
- We will send an email notification when the order is ready to be picked up. The door to the shop is open so you can step inside to retrieve your package. It will be by the door with your name on it. If you prefer to have us bring your order to your car, just pull up in front and phone the shop. We will bring your order out to you.
- We are still offering PDF pattern printing for local pickup. We will let you know if this changes. Patterns will be marked with your name by door.
- We are washing our hands regularly and all surfaces in the shop that can be wiped down are getting regular hits with the sanitizing wipes.
- We have cancelled all classes, and our weekly Makers Circle until the end of March. We will evaluate this decision again at the beginning of April.
- We plan to sew and knit through this stressful time and would love to see what you are working on while staying at home. We are hosting a Virtual Make Along and awarding prizes every Sunday through April. Post your projects @ewemakers. Here are the details.
We look forward to spending time making together in the near future.
Deren, Jessamy, Jacqui and Pam