Techniques in Colorwork - Nov. 11 & 18
Sundays, November 11 & 18, 10AM-noon
This 2-part class teaches knitters advanced colorwork techniques, including picking up floats, working with 3 colors at once, and steeking. We will knit a quick project designed specifically for skill building: a steeked mug cozy with long floats and several rows of 3 colors at once.
This class has a prerequisite:
- Completion of our Colorwork 101 class
- OR understanding AND experience with color dominance
- Knitting in the round
What you'll learn:
- Stranded colorwork with 3 colors at once
- Picking up long floats in colorwork
- Knitting to steek
- Crochet method for cutting a steek
- Finishing steeked edges
- Provisional cast-on
- I-cord bind-off
- Fingering weight yarn in 5 colors **
- US1 9" or 10" circular needle (or whatever type of needles you prefer for knitting very small circumferences in the round)
- US3 32" circular needle
- Pattern: custom pattern included in the cost of the class
**Please select and wind your yarn prior to the start of the first class. There will be no time to select and wind yarn during the first class.
*Students receive 10% off any supplies purchased for the class.
Please familiarize yourself with our class policies before enrolling.