Saturday, November 27, 2PM –5PM
We will use tapestry techniques to weave on a frame loom, which can be held in your lap. During class you will learn how to create a small wall hanging, or weave a miniature pocket cloth.
*The class fee includes the purchase of a Lilli Loom which retails for $59 but is discounted to $55 for the class. If you already own a loom and would like to take the class, please contact the shop and we can adjust the price of the class accordingly.
- Come have fun learning a new craft
What you'll learn:
- how to warp a frame loom, establish a weaving shed and wind a stick shuttle
- how to weave with two colors
- how to weave tabby, loops, clasped and unclasped, sumac, double sumac, and rya knots
- how to finish your weaving, with and without fringe
*Students receive 10% off any supplies purchased for the class.
Andrea opened her weaving and textile design studio in Fry’s Spring in 2004. She learned to weave in New York City, and attended FIT and Parsons while working full time as a journalist. Bansky is her hero.
No preparation required.
Please familiarize yourself with our class policies before enrolling.