We have created a bundle with all of the materials you need to knit the PetiteKnit Market Bag. This easy to knit bag is just the right size for carrying everyday essentials and/or a knitting project.
The bundle includes:
- 3 skeins of 100% linen yarn (Sparrow fingering from Quince & Co) in the color Sans.
- 1/2 yard cotton/linen lining fabric
- 2 37" leather straps with pre-punched holes
- 100m Gutermann sew-all thread for sewing the lining
- 'EWE Made It' sew-in label
- packed in our exclusive EWE project sack
Please note that the pattern is available for purchase on Ravelry and is not included in the bundle.
Shop owner Deren knit her bag in a 100% linen yarn held double on US6 needles. The yarn used by the designer was held triple but Deren achieved gauge holding Sparrow double. Her bag is knit and the lining sewn to the patterns specifications exactly. The straps are 37" long and 1" wide. They are sewn to the bag using the linen yarn.
This is a really fun project. The knitting goes quickly and the pattern is easy to memorize. The sewing is suitable for a beginner. The lining could be sewn entirely my hand if you want.