Our studio is open for sewing six days a week for $7/hr.
- Janome sewing machines and a sergers*
- a large ironing area, irons, and some specialty ironing tools (a tailor's ham, a seam roll)
- Two large cutting tables
- Specialty cutting tools (fabric shears, pinking shears, duckbill scissors, rotary cutters, etc.)
- General tools and notions (seam ripper, measuring tape, pins, bobbins, pattern weights, etc.)
- Immediate access to any additional sewing notions or supplies for purchase
You will supply:
a new machine needle for each project (we have needles for sale in the shop)
- Your (pre-washed) fabric & pattern
Please note: use of the studio space is not class time. We are happy to answer general questions or assist if there are any issues with the provided equipment, but we cannot offer instruction during this time.
*If you are looking for sewing instruction, you can schedule time for private instruction or see if there is an upcoming class you want to take.
In general the studio is available whenever the shop is open, except for when there is a class or other event happening. You can check the calendar to see if there is something scheduled or just give us a quick call to check on availability before you come, 434-409-9095.