The Estuary Skirt is a wardrobe workhorse. Sewn in a mid-weight linen, this skirt will take you through all of the seasons.
Our Estuary Skirt bundle includes all of the fabric and notions to sew a really cute skirt. You save 10% on the cost of materials when you purchase the bundle.
Included in the bundle:
- enough Cairo Linen fabric to sew your size
- choose matching or contrast thread (100M) and buttons (10 buttons)
- 1.5" waistband elastic (3/4 yard)
- lightweight fusible interfacing (1 yard)
- sewing machine needle
- "EWE Made It" sew in label
- packed in our exclusive EWE project bag
Please note that this bundle does not include the sewing pattern. If you already own the PDF sewing pattern from Sew Liberated, we can print the large format pages for. You can also purchase the PDF pattern from Sew Liberated and we can print it for you. You will find our Estuary Skirt pattern printing service here.
The skirt has a size range to fit a waist of 25" to 48.5" and a hip of 33.5" to 57". A detailed size chart can be seen here.
The skirt has an a-line shape with felled seams. The front waistband is flat with attached gathered skirt panels. The back waistband is gathered with elastic. The button placket can be sewn without buttonholes (the buttons are just sewn in place and don't open). Large patch pockets complete the look.
This is a confident beginner sewing pattern.
Our Sewing Experience and Modifications:
Deren sewed a straight size 6 to fit her 30" waist and 36" hip. Deren is 5'1" tall and did not alter the length of the skirt. If you want to add some length to the skirt you can choose to get more fabric in your bundle using the dropdown menu options.
Since there is so much top stitching in the pattern, you can really have fun using a contrasting thread for your stitching. Deren used a yellow button and thread on her first skirt in Petrol blue and loves the pop of color this gives the skirt. For her second skirt she used the Oatmeal color with contrasting thread and Oxblood buttons. Deren sewed a faux button band for both skirts.
We have selected 7 fabric colors for the skirt and give you the option to choose a matching button and thread or a contrast button and thread for each color option.
Deren used 8 buttons on her skirt but we include 10 in the bundle. If you think you may need more buttons you will find the listing for the 15mm Cotton buttons we used here.
- The buttons shown on the Petrol fabric are Ginger and Alta Mare.
- The buttons shown on the Kelp fabric are Bowling Green and Calamine
- The buttons shown on the Oatmeal fabric are Ecru and Oxblood
- The buttons shown on the Pink fabric are Petrova and Milk
- The buttons shown on the Marsala fabric are Maud and Polar Grey
- The buttons shown on Navy are Goodnight and Cobalt
- The buttons shown on Toffee are Boston Fall and Autumn Sea
Deren is wearing a Chamomile Crop top from Sarah Kirsten Designs, sewn in Cairo Linen, Avocado with her blue skirt. She paired her Oatmeal skirt with a Laurence Top. Deren added a faux button band to her top using the same fabric and buttons. If you want to make a matching top for your skirt you can add more Cairo Linen, Cotton Buttons and pattern printing to your order.
If you add more linen to your order to make a matching top, just leave us a note at checkout and we will cut the fabric for the skirt bundle with the top fabric in one continuous length.