Saturday, Oct. 12, 10AM–1 PM
To kick off our Capsule Wardrobe Project, we have partnered up with My Body Model to offer an exciting new workshop this fall. This 3-hour workshop will teach you the skills to efficiently and practically plan your fall makes (both knitting and sewing).
My Body Model is a wonderful electronic resource that provides custom croquis (fashion drawing templates) that correspond to your specific body measurements. These croquis are invaluable for visualizing how particular pieces will look on your body and experimenting with different combinations of pieces to decide what you most need to make to fill out your wardrobe.
- Enthusiasm and experience wearing clothes!
What you'll learn:
- How to take accurate body measurements
- How to use My Body Model to create a custom croquis
- How to select favorite pieces from your existing wardrobe to start a capsule collection
- Basic skills for fashion sketching (clothes, hair, texture, etc.)
- How to find new patterns (sewing and knitting) to supplement the pieces you already wear and love
In addition to these take-away skills, this class offers you the opportunity to engage with fellow makers and creatives to brainstorm your capsule wardrobe. This experience is invaluable!
- 1 My Body Model account with downloadable croquis (The app is $29 and included in the cost of the class. You will create your own account and enter your measurements in class.)
- Your preferred drawing supplies (some will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own)
- Clothing or photos of clothing (no more than 10 pieces) you are considering for your capsule collection
- Any patterns/fabric from your stash you are considering for your capsule collection.
*If you already own My Body Model but would still like to participate in the workshop, send us an email and we will adjust your class price.
Choose pieces from your existing wardrobe (handmade, purchased, gifted — anything!) that you love and would like to incorporate into your capsule collection. You can either bring these pieces with you to the workshop or you can take photos of them and bring those.
For help choosing pieces, read our blog post on the Capsule Wardrobe Project.
Please familiarize yourself with our class policies before enrolling.