The Factotum Bag is a neat cross body bag, small but with ample room for your daily essentials. The bag is fully lined, with two front pockets and a zipped closure.
We have put together the Factotum bundle to take all the guess work out of sourcing your supplies.
The bundle includes all of the material and hardware you need to sew the Factotum Bag.
This is an intermediate level sewing pattern.
Please note that you will need to purchase the PDF pattern
, including the sewing instructions directly from Merchant & Mills. We will include one A0 size pattern page in the bundle only.
*Merchant & Mills also has an option to purchase a video tutorial for sewing the Factotum Bag, which also includes the PDF pattern.
Included in the bundle is:
- 1/2yd Merchant and Mills Dry Oilskin
- 1/2yd Quarry Trail print Lining
- 1/4" Antique Brass Rivets (we include 6, 4 for the bag and 2 for practice!)
- 2 Rectangle Rings in Antique Brass
- 12" YKK Donut Pull Zipper
- 100m Gutermann Sew-All
- Merchant and Mills heavy duty webbing
- EWE zipper pull
- Size 14 Needle
- printed A0 size pattern page
You will need an awl and a hammer to install your rivets. We used this awl for our bag and found it worked well going through 3 layers of thick webbing. The awl is not included in the bundle.