Your mom's favorite hippy craft is having a comeback and we couldn't be happier about it! Macrame — the art of tying knots from thick cotton rope to make beautiful, practical pieces — is as versatile as is it fun, and the easiest way to get started is with a simple plant hanger. Whether you are a total macrame newbie or you want a refresher of your favorite childhood craft, this class will provide the skills, inspiration, and materials to help you get started.
Once you know the basics, macrame is a great craft for making all sorts of quick, unique and visually stunning gifts — a cute plant hanger can take less than an hour from start to finish! Along with basic skills, this class will also help you design your own macrame pieces, beginning with the plant hanger you will make in class.
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
What you'll learn:
- 3 basic knot techniques for macrame
- how to make a plant hanger that fits a given pot
- skills for designing your own plant hanger
The following materials for making one plant hanger are included in the cost of the class:
- Approx. 45 yards of organic cotton rope
- 1 wooden ring for hanging
- 1 terracotta pot (plant not included)
Additional kits are available for purchase.
No preparation is required for this class.
Please familiarize yourself with our class policies before enrolling.